Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

OT: Adam LaRoche to have season ending shoulder surgery

Posted: 06/16/2011 3:23 PM

OT: Adam LaRoche to have season ending shoulder surgery 

http://rotoworld.com/player/mlb/3792/adam-laroche

The Nationals were hot after James Loney in the offseason but settled for Adam LaRoche after the Dodgers reportedly asked for Jordan Zimmerman and Ian Desmond. Now if the Dodgers throw in the towel and cut costs by trading veterans like they should, should the Dodgers see what interest the Nationals have in Loney now?

The Nationals are deep in catching, maybe we can see if they are interested in flipping Derek Norris or Jesus Flores for Loney?

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/16/2011 7:09 PM

Re: OT: Adam LaRoche to have season ending shoulder surgery 

A month ago I would have said "yep" in a heartbeat, but he's been a pretty hot hitter so far this month.  Hard to say if he's turned the corner or just not having to deal with the Giants pitching staff.  Not sure which is which, but if we can score something of value and it appears as though we are committed to signing a big time 1B, then I'm all for it. 

TBiB

It is not the honor that you take with you, but the heritage you leave behind.
- Branch Rickey
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/16/2011 7:34 PM

RE: OT: Adam LaRoche to have season ending shoulder surgery 

If the Dodgers could get Norris for Loney, I'd make that deal yesterday. Despite hitting .211 in Double-A, Norris has an .822 OPS.

Flores had a nice season in 2009, but he's had injury concerns and wasn't exactly tearing up Triple-A before being recalled. Of course, he'd still be a better option than Barajas or Navarro.

Speedy, you have inspired a blog post. It shall be done soon. :)

Last edited 06/16/2011 7:35 PM by DNoz29

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/16/2011 7:48 PM

Norris would definitely be preferred but Flores could work in a package; the Dodgers will likely non-tender Loney in the offseason, they should maximize his value if possible! Look forward to your blog post!

---------------------------------------------
--- DNoz29 wrote:

If the Dodgers could get Norris for Loney, I'd make that deal yesterday. Despite hitting .211 in Double-A, Norris has an .822 OPS.

Flores had a nice season in 2009, but he's had injury concerns and wasn't exactly tearing up Triple-A before being recalled. Of course, he'd still be a better option than Barajas or Navarro.

Speedy, you have inspired a blog post. It shall be done soon. :)

---------------------------------------------

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/16/2011 7:51 PM

My thought..... get rid of Loney for a pine tar rag and some chewing tobacco while you can!!!confused
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/16/2011 8:43 PM

Blog's up. Thanks again for the idea. :)
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/16/2011 9:19 PM

I doubt the Nats would be looking at Loney much right now.  Mike Morse is tearing the cover off the ball for them lately and Loney's stock has done nothing but plummet.  They also gave LaRoche a 2 year contract.

Just the facts.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/16/2011 9:53 PM

jtrichey wrote: I doubt the Nats would be looking at Loney much right now.  Mike Morse is tearing the cover off the ball for them lately and Loney's stock has done nothing but plummet.  They also gave LaRoche a 2 year contract.
Good points. I have no counter for this. D'oh!
Reply | Quote