Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Bama

Posted: 1/12/2014 5:28 PM

Bama 

Something suspicious is going on down there. They are losing commits to inferior schools. Their assistant coaches are taking lateral moves to other schools (Nussemeir and DL Coach). Smart possibly leaving for Georgia. Also Sunseri is entering the NFL draft. He hasn't graduated, he isn't predicted to go high, and he doesn't need the money (Dad is college coach). I wonder what is going on.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 5:30 PM

Re: Bama 

Kirby Smart left Bama? Wow, something has to be going on
sosublime wrote: Something suspicious is going on down there. They are losing commits to inferior schools. Their assistant coaches are taking lateral moves to other schools (Nussemeir and DL Coach). Smart possibly leaving for Georgia. Also Sunseri is entering the NFL draft. He hasn't graduated, he isn't predicted to go high, and he doesn't need the money (Dad is college coach). I wonder what is going on.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 5:37 PM

Not yet. Just rumors, but very possible considering he was born and raised there and played DB there. Was just the RB coach there a few years ago.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=14&f=1016&t =12578747
theguy49503 wrote: Kirby Smart left Bama? Wow, something has to be going on
sosublime wrote: Something suspicious is going on down there. They are losing commits to inferior schools. Their assistant coaches are taking lateral moves to other schools (Nussemeir and DL Coach). Smart possibly leaving for Georgia. Also Sunseri is entering the NFL draft. He hasn't graduated, he isn't predicted to go high, and he doesn't need the money (Dad is college coach). I wonder what is going on.

Last edited 1/12/2014 5:38 PM by sosublime

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 5:56 PM

Saban is a major prick when he's going undefeated and winning national championships.

Now imagine how much of a prick he is when he loses two games.

Look...he's flatout THE best head coach in college football and Bama is the model program.

But that doesn't change the type of person he is to work for...

Nuss left because he WANTED to leave....that simple...and IMHO it was in part due to just being burnt out working for Saban and putting up with him...and that's part of the job if you work there...and you win...and you win big.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 5:59 PM

+1

---------------------------------------------
--- SonofJorEl wrote:

Saban is a major prick when he's going undefeated and winning national championships.

Now imagine how much of a prick he is when he loses two games.

Look...he's flatout THE best head coach in college football and Bama is the model program.

But that doesn't change the type of person he is to work for...

Nuss left because he WANTED to leave....that simple...and IMHO it was in part due to just being burnt out working for Saban and putting up with him...and that's part of the job if you work there...and you win...and you win big.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
  • xman73
  • All-American
  • 1404 posts this site

Posted: 1/12/2014 6:09 PM

This isn't very unusual for Bama.  I'm actually surprised Kirby Smart has stayed with him for so long.  Kiffin is the fourth OC for Bama since Saban took over along with: Applewhite, McInerney, Nuss.

In the end, Bama wins because of Saban.  He drives the offense and the defense and he's a control freak.  His team reloads every year, even if guys leave for the NFL or he loses some recruits.  Even Bama can't win every recruiting battle, especially considering how the depth chart can go four deep on his roster (I think he has four 5 star running backs currently on the roster).
Reply | Quote
  • TcFlint
  • All-American
  • 1329 posts this site

Posted: 1/12/2014 6:09 PM

One could argue a couple hundred thousand dollar increase with more freedom to play-call is not a lateral move, but I see what you are trying to say.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 6:19 PM

"doesnt need the money because his dad is a college coach???eek1
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 6:34 PM

Yes his dad makes $800,00. I don't know why he would need more money. Some people leave early when the shouldn't, to support their family, but he obviously doesn't need to. I don't know what you're trying to say buddy.
section18 wrote:
"doesnt need the money because his dad is a college coach???eek1
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 6:45 PM

so you want him to sponge off of the old man eh??noidea     your point of why he shouldn't leave early is as lame as it gets.  that's the point.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 6:52 PM

Dude I swear you're retarded. LOL I am saying there is NO point of him leaving because he will not get drafted high, he has not graduated, and he doesn't NEED the money. Most people graduate and get a degree if they won't get drafted high, and don't need to support a family. You literally have no logic. You're lame.
section18 wrote: so you want him to sponge off of the old man eh??noidea     your point of why he shouldn't leave early is as lame as it gets.  that's the point.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 7:16 PM

Any word on the investigation into the Alabama guys openly admitting to being paid yet.  I hope that investigation wraps up soon.....

ohlord
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 7:21 PM

Could be that Smart is getting pushed out the door by Saban, their D certainly hurt them this year.

Rumors that Ed Orgeron might be brought in by Saban were around for a while, could be as DC. 

Seems to be Smart may have overplayed his hand for getting an elite coaching position, he might end up as coach in waiting at UGA.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 7:35 PM

sosublime wrote: Dude I swear you're retarded. LOL I am saying there is NO point of him leaving because he will not get drafted high, he has not graduated, and he doesn't NEED the money. Most people graduate and get a degree if they won't get drafted high, and don't need to support a family. You literally have no logic. You're lame.
section18 wrote: so you want him to sponge off of the old man eh??noidea     your point of why he shouldn't leave early is as lame as it gets.  that's the point.
first off d-bag  how do you know where he will go in the draft??     no point in him going??  wtf??      you are as lame as your reasoning for him not to go pro.   idiot.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 7:41 PM

RE: Bama 

Their Defense was young. I doubt after this much time and success Smart would be pushed out for a 2 loss year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 7:43 PM

lol...yeah just like Saban was pushing Nuss out the door....lmao.
BehindTheNet wrote: Could be that Smart is getting pushed out the door by Saban, their D certainly hurt them this year.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 8:19 PM

No he wasn't pushed but bringing Kiffin in as a consultant who didn't actually work with Nuss was enough push for him to be ready to leave on his own.  Don't think saban did that by accident and nuss is his own man and has had more than enough success to be fine with it.  

Doesn't matter who the coach is, no coach will be successful if they do not hire the right assistants.  I have seen more than a few great programs take a dip with the wrong assistants which is why so many coaches work to keep core assistants.  

SonofJorEl wrote: lol...yeah just like Saban was pushing Nuss out the door....lmao.
BehindTheNet wrote: Could be that Smart is getting pushed out the door by Saban, their D certainly hurt them this year.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 8:43 PM

Bahahaa there's something called draft projections. They're not too far off. Just stop posting man, I'm done responding. Don't post in a thread that you don't contribute anything in. Literally everybody else in this post disagrees with you and agrees with me. You are literally ****. Probably an OSU fan or something. No Michigan fan is as dumb as you. Literally NOBODY else on this board agrees with you. Leave
section18 wrote:
sosublime wrote: Dude I swear you're retarded. LOL I am saying there is NO point of him leaving because he will not get drafted high, he has not graduated, and he doesn't NEED the money. Most people graduate and get a degree if they won't get drafted high, and don't need to support a family. You literally have no logic. You're lame.
first off d-bag  how do you know where he will go in the draft??     no point in him going??  wtf??      you are as lame as your reasoning for him not to go pro.   idiot.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 9:02 PM

sosublime wrote: Bahahaa there's something called draft projections. They're not too far off. Just stop posting man, I'm done responding. Don't post in a thread that you don't contribute anything in. Literally everybody else in this post disagrees with you and agrees with me. You are literally ****. Probably an OSU fan or something. No Michigan fan is as dumb as you. Literally NOBODY else on this board agrees with you. Leave
section18 wrote:

hey db, quit babbling.  "his DAD makes $800,000 why does he need more money"???    that's some great logic there!!!eek1     tool   

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/12/2014 9:10 PM

There is a high chance that if he wanted to stay in college and not go to the NFL and make money, it would not affect anybody. Some people have kids, or come from poor families and need to support them, so they leave early. I'm not even mad at you because I know you're not an educated person. Probably don't even know the crazy **** you are saying, or what you are even arguing about. 
section18 wrote:
sosublime wrote: Bahahaa there's something called draft projections. They're not too far off. Just stop posting man, I'm done responding. Don't post in a thread that you don't contribute anything in. Literally everybody else in this post disagrees with you and agrees with me. You are literally ****. Probably an OSU fan or something. No Michigan fan is as dumb as you. Literally NOBODY else on this board agrees with you. Leave
section18 wrote:

hey db, quit babbling.  "his DAD makes $800,000 why does he need more money"???    that's some great logic there!!!eek1     tool   

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >